Welcome to Thomaston Public Schools--we are excited to have you join us!
The first step in the registration process is completing the Thomaston Public Schools New Student Residency Form. This is form is required to register your child/children for enrollment in Thomaston Public Schools. Please complete the form accurately. If you have any questions about this form, please email the Secretary at the school where you plan to enroll your child/children (see contact information below).
The online Thomaston Public Schools New Student Residency Form must be completed by a custodial parent/guardian and approved before enrollment.
- Your Child's Birth Certificate (long-form)
- A photo id must be presented in person at the school in which the student is applying for registration; please have a valid driver's license, passport or military photo id ready during your registration appointment
- Required Residency Documents (see table below):
- Additional Information that may be required for presentation during the Registration Appointment, such as but not limited to a copy of the custodial agreement or assigned, notarized "Residency Affidavit of District Resident" and a signed, notarized "Residency Affidavit of Parent/Guardian"
Once your submitted form is reviewed, the Secretary who oversees registration and enrollment for your child's grade-level will contact you for a Registration Appointment. You will need to bring the information below with you to that appointment along with anything else the Secretary requests.
What You Need for Your Registration Appointment: The Secretary will tell you which of the following documents must be presented during the student’s registration appointment:
For All New Students:
- Student’s Original Birth Certificate (Long-Form)
- Custodial Agreement (only if parents/guardians do not live together but share custody or if only one parent has sole custody)
- Parent Permissions Form (Student and Parent/Guardian Handbook, Acceptable Use Internet Permissions, Student Acceptable Use Internet Agreement, Permission to Photograph, Local Field Trip, (FERPA) Directory of Information)
- Residency Affidavit of Parent/Guardian (If student residing with both or one Parent/Guardian) Form A (each custodial parent/guardian must fill out this form)
- Residency Affidavit of Parent/Guardian (If student residing with District Resident Other than Parent/Guardian) Form B
- Residency Affidavit of District Resident (If student residing with District Resident Other than Parent/Guardian) Form C
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application
- Bus Route Change Request Form (3541.311 Exhibit)
- 2020-2021 Parent-Student Handbook – Appendix A – Student Code of Conduct Form p. 96
- CT Husky Health Program
|Black Rock School
57 Branch Road
|Kathy Squatriglia||860-283-3040 x11301
|Thomaston Center School
One Thomas Avenue
Grades 4 - 6
|Christine Webster||860-283-3036 x12300
|Thomaston High School
185 Branch Road
Grades 7 - 12
|Maureen Laplante||860-283-3030 x14311